1 year -1500 hours
£560 Enrolment Fee
Our Postgraduate Certificate in Aesthetic Medicine provides comprehensive training in the latest techniques and products used in the field. On this programme, you’ll learn how to deliver rejuvenating treatments without surgery and how to use aesthetic medical equipment to achieve optimal results. You’ll also learn how to assess patients’ needs and develop personalised treatment plans to help them achieve their aesthetic goals.
In addition, our programme emphasises the importance of creating a positive and enjoyable experience for patients while promoting their bio-psycho-social health. By completing this course, you’ll be equipped with the knowledge and skills to excel in the exciting and rewarding field of aesthetic medicine.
You will have access to many hours of audio visual materials, which are the essential teaching materials. Thus, you can study wherever and whenever you want.
Approximately twice a week you will carry out practical activities that will be reviewed and evaluated by your specialized teachers.
Class summaries, articles to stay up to date... You will have everything you need to keep on learning.
You will learn from well-known experts in the medical sector thanks to our master classes, which you can watch as many times as you want.
At the end of the course you will conduct a research project on a topic of your interest. One of our teachers will supervise your project.
Your teachers will open the doors to training in Postgraduate Certificate in Aesthetic Medicine with a focus on employability through specialisation:
MEDICAL AESTHETIC PRACTITIONER
Bachelor of Medicine, Epidemiologist. Master’s degree in Public Health, Master’s degree in Trichology, and Hair Transplants. Aesthetic Physician with more than ten years of experience. Medical Advisor in the Mediapro Group.
She is a Physician from the University of Zulia, Venezuela. Specialist in Aesthetic and Anti-Aging Medicine. Integrative Nutrition and Health Coach at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York. She is a very committed professional in the promotion and dissemination of healthy habits.
MEDICAL PRACTITIONER IN AESTHETICS AND RECONSTRUCTIVE MEDICINE
Specialist in Nutrition with a specialization in Anti-Aging Medicine. With knowledge in endovenous therapies: serotherapies and chelations. She has more than 15 years of experience in different clinics, managing and carrying out a multitude of facial and body treatments.
From the first to the last stage of your training, we will always be by your side to help you make the most of every step.
As soon as you enrol, you will have access to the virtual platform. We will also start your employability plan. Let's get going!
Videos, PDF summaries and live classes from your teachers.
You will regularly test your knowledge to move steadily towards your goals.
You will carry out a bibliographic research project on a topic of your interest.
Let’s get to work! From 60 to 300 hours of optional internships available in a wide range of companies.
As your journey progresses, you will discover different modules which will help you, step by step, to reach your final goal.
1. Introduction to the history of aethetic medicine
2. Skin: Layers, Structure and Functions
3. Anatomy I: Head, Neck and Face
4. Anatomy II: Extremities, veins, varicose veins, lymphedema
5. Obesity, Overweigth and Localized Fat
6. Scars and Skin
7. Aging Skin. Skin disorders in older adults
8. Skin Exam. Procedure, Fitzpatrick skin photype, results and more
9. Aesthetic Dermatology:Primary Lesions in Aesthetic Dermatology, Melasma, Hirsutism, Acne Vulgaris, Alopecia and More
10. Face and Body Contour Diagnosis in Esthetic Medicine. Body Measurements and Anthro-pometry. Diagnostic by Imaging in Aesthetic Medicine
1. Endocrinology: Applications in Anti Aging Medicine
2. Hormones and their effect on the Skin
3. Nutrition and Suplements in Aging
4. Exercise and Aging
5. Inmunology and Aging
6. Cardiovascular Aging
7. Growth Hormone. Melatonin
8. Estrogens and Aging. Menopause. Osteoporosis
9. Testosterone and Aging. Andropause
10. Gut Microbiome and Probiotics: Ultimate Review on Health Implications and Therapeutic Perspectives
1. Face pharmacology
2. Body pharmacology
3. Cosmetic dermatology
4. Hair pharmacology and cosmetics
5. Oral treatments. Suplements and Vitamins
6. Pharmacology and Cosmetology for Sensitive Skin
7. Alternative and Natural Treatments. Hormone Replacement Therapy I
8. Hormone replacement Therapy II. Menopause: Skin, and Cosmetology
9. Magistral Formulas in Aesthetics and Cosmetics
10. Assessing the Efficacy of Moisturizers
1. Chemical Peelings
2. Mechanical Peelings
3. Botulinum Toxins I. Face and Hair application
4. Botulinum Toxins II. Body and otther applications. Advanced techniques
5. Dermal Fillers I. History and classification
6. Dermal Fillers II. Hyaluronic Acid and Calcium Hydroxylapatite
7. Dermal Fillers III. Poly-L-Lactic Acid, Polyalkylimide and Polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres
8. Facial aging assesment. MD Codes. Anatomic sites of injection. Complications
9. Fillers and Neurotoxin Injection Techniques
10. Mesotherapy. Dermapen. Microneedling. Roller
1. Overweigth and Obesity. Nutrition Concepts
2. Cellulite: Etiology, Classification, Pathology, and Treatment
3. Body Flaccidity and shagging skin. Etiology, Pathology and Combined Treatment
4. Scar management
5. Lipoedema and Lymphedema. Causes and Treatment. Differences between them
6. Varicose Veins and Teleangiectasia. Causes, Diagnosis, Prevention and Treatment
7. Foam Sclerotherapy. Mechanism of action. Foam Preparation
¡8. Healthy Aging I: the ultimate preventative medicine. Biology of Aging
9. Healthy Aging II: Nutrition, Supplements, Vitamins and Hormones
10. Healthy Aging III: Healthy Lifestyle
1. Anatomy, Technique, and Review of Current Literature
2. Classification of Sutures and Threads: Lifting, Repositioning and Tightening and Biostimulating Threads. Absorbable and Non Absorbable
3. Threads for Soft Tissue Repositioning of the Face. Scalpel and No-Scalpel Techniques
4. Body indications. Shagging Skin solutions. Breast and glute elevation
5. Permanent Suspension Threads: Rules for Lifting with Beautiful Results
6. Foxy/Cat Eyes: A Complete Lifting Technique
7. Nose Modelling: Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty with Fillers and Sustentation Threads
8. The Male Patient: Understanding and Treating the Archetypes in Aesthetic Medicine
9. The Female Patient: Understanding and Treating the Archetypes in Aesthetic Medicine
10. Diagnostic and Treatment of Complications of Following Thread Lifting
1. Basic Laser Physics. Laser Tissue Interactions. Types Used in Aesthetics
2. Intense Pulsed Light Technology
3. Photoepilation of Unwanted Hair Growth
4. Inflammatory Dermatoses: Acne. Scars, Keloids, and Stretch Marks. Treatment with Laser
5. Facial Rejuvenation: Ablative and Non Ablative Laser Resurfacing
6. Pigmentation and Hypopigmentation Treatment
7. Laser Treatment of Tattoos and Other Dyschromia
8. Vascular Lesions Treatment
9. Lipolysis. Fat-Removal Procedures (Vaser, Laser). Aesthetics Combined with Surgeons
10. Laser Safety: Risks, Hazards, and Control Measures
1. Radiofrequency: The Uses in Aesthetic Medicine.
2. Using Ultrasounds in the Clinical Practice of Aesthetics
3. Cavitation. Effects on Human Skin Adipose Tissue
4. Vacuum Therapy: Is it Worth? Theory and Applications in Aesthetic Medicine
5. Body Pressotherapy. How it Works. Effects
6. Diathermy. Types, Procedure and Benefits
7. New Ways of Stimulation Therapy in Aesthetics: Teenlifting, CO2, Ozone, Hyperbaric Oxigen Therapy
8. Non Invasive Fat Removal: Freezing the Body Fat with Cryotgenic Lipolysis and Coolsculpting
9. Vaser Treatment. LPG Endermologie. Procedure and Results
10. Advanced Combined Treatments in Aesthetic Medicine Using Apparatology: Some Usefull Protocols in Clinical Practice
1. Anatomy and Physiology of Hair
2. The Hair Cycle
3. Alopecia. Concise Medical Knowledge. Effluviums. Alopecia Areata
4. Androgenetic Alopecia. Male and Female Patterns: Differences Between Them
5. Hypertrichosis and Hirsutism
6. Hair Loss Protocols of Treatment
7. Cosmetic Procedures for Hair Loss
8. Hair Replacement: History, Types and Techniques. FUT. FUE. FUSS. Assisted Technique
1. General Considerations and Indications for Minimal Plastic Surgery in Aesthetic Medicine
2. Breast Augmentation with Fillers and Lipofilling
3. Female Genital Non Surgical Aesthetic Procedures. Vaginal Rejuvenation
4. Penile Enhancement Using Fillers and Lipofilling
5. Platelet-Rich Plasma. Growth Factors. Stem Cell Therapy
11.2. Psychological Considerations of Body Imaging in Aesthetic Medicine.
11.3. The Best Location for Your Medical Practice. Basic and Advanced Needs Depending on the Clinic Type.
11.4. How to Organize an Aesthetic Medicine Consulting.
11.5. Basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Techniques. Regional Anesthesia and Peripheral Nerve Block.
11.6. The Necessary Personnel in a Clinic Center. Role of Nursing and Specialized Technicians in our Clinic.
11.7. Aesthetic Medicine Consulting Basic Procedures: Clinical Photography and Skin Marking. Medical History.
11.8. Marketing and Business Strategies for your Clinic.
Why enrol in our Postgraduate Certificate in Aesthetic Medicine? Because in addition to having prestigious professors and a curriculum aimed at preventing dropouts, we guide our students towards achieving their professional goals.
Learn more about the employability plan you'll benefit from the moment you sign up.
A postgraduate certificate in Aesthetic Medicine can offer various professional opportunities such as becoming a licensed aesthetic physician, working in a medical spa or clinic, starting your own private practice, conducting research, or becoming a trainer/educator in the field of Aesthetic Medicine. Additionally, it may provide opportunities to work in conjunction with plastic surgeons or dermatologists.
Our Postgraduate in Aesthetic Medicine spans 1 year, totaling 1,500 hours of study. This is equivalent to 60 ECTS credits, the standard workload for an academic year. Our programme aligns with a level 7 qualification in the UK.
At CEMP, we offer training programmes that are fully adapted to the needs of each person, with tailored payment instalments available worldwide, to make sure each student is able to complete all stages of their postgraduate course successfully. To find out more about fees and payment plans, contact us through the online form and one of our friendly and experienced team will be in touch.